- About RILA
We are the trade association for retail leadersThe Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) is the US trade association for retailers that have earned leadership status by virtue of their sales volume, innovation or aspiration. We convene decision-makers to collaborate and gain from each other’s experience. We advance the industry through public-policy advocacy and promote operational excellence and innovation. And through research and thought leadership, we propel developments that foster both economic growth and sustainability.
Our aim is bold but simple: to elevate a dynamic industry by transforming the environment in which retailers operate.
The Place for Retail Leaders
RILA is for those that lead not just in sales but in aspiration. Through collaboration, education, advocacy, and innovation, we envision the future of retail and help retailers succeed in it.Watch Video
RILA is best defined by the companies we represent. RILA member companies are highly sophisticated experts at reading and responding to consumer demands. The retail executives that lead these companies join RILA to collaborate with their peers, seek excellence within their own enterprise and pursue positive changes for the industry at-large.
What we believe
- Retail is vital. It is our greatest job creator, the engine of our economy and the backbone of our communities.
- Retail is ever-evolving. Its future is innovative, sustainable and inclusive. It embraces technological breakthroughs, advances in channels and distribution, and the new ideas of retailers everywhere.
- Retail is the experience. Customers choose to buy not only because of the product, but because of the relationship and the experience they have with each unique retailer.
- Collaboration makes retailers better competitors. In bringing them together to share, learn and advocate, we advance our members—and strengthen the industry.
- We are our members. We are not just here for them—we embody them.
RILA members are retailers that have earned leadership status by virtue of their sales volume, innovation, or aspiration.Learn More
Board of Directors
RILA is led by our board of directors, which includes chief executive officers of America's leading retail companies.Learn More
RILA's team includes a dedicated staff of industry and policy experts committed to helping our members succeed.Learn More
RILA COO Talks Competition and Protecting Free Markets
- By [Brian Dodge]
Q&A: Lessons Learned from the 2018 Global Retail Challenge
- By [Katie Nicholos]
Retailers Welcome Nomination of Scalia as Labor Secretary
- By [Brian Dodge]
How to measure and manage losses from self-checkout tech
- By [Lisa LaBruno]
RILA Speaks on Product Recall Effectiveness
- By [Autumn Moore]
Retailers Ask Supreme Court for Clarity in ADA Site Claims
- By [Deborah White]
Retailers Abound on List of Best Employers for Women
- By [Evan Armstrong]